One-Pan Baked Salmon and Veggies
On nights when I’m feeling too lazy to put any effort into cooking or cleaning, I turn to this one-pan baked salmon and veggie recipe. It is so simple that it’s almost not a recipe. Except that you combine ingredients and throw it in the oven – so I believe that makes it a recipe. Seriously, it really is that simple. So step away from the unhealthy takeout menus and microwave dinners, and roll up your sleeves… you gourmet chef, you.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup!)
- 3 tablespoons lemon (about 3/4 lemon)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 cups broccoli florets (I buy pre-cut packages from Safeway)
- 2 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 salmon fillets, preferably wild Alaskan
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- olive oil
Calories: 240; Total fat: 9 grams; Saturated fat: 1.5 grams; Carbohydrates: 14 grams; Cholesterol: 50 milligrams; Sodium: 125 milligrams; Protein: 25 grams
The cook time for salmon is ten minutes plus ten minutes per inch thickness (a 1 inch piece will need twenty minutes while a 1.5 inch thick piece will require twenty-five minutes).